I have been missing for quite some time. Excuse me while I have been running around all summer . . . working . . . helping on the farm . . . going to weddings . . . and planning my own wedding to TJ in approximately 40 short days.
Here is my disclaimer: I cannot wait to be married to my wonderful man and celebrate with my friends and family
Here is my confession: I hate wedding planning.
There are some people who are cut out for this . . . and then there are people like me that cannot stand having to choose appropriate fonts for invitations, discussing table settings, and picking flowers for boutonnieres. There are a million insignificant decisions made in the wedding process . . . and you have to remind yourself that there is only one important one. WHO you are marrying.
The biggest stresses I have right now are as follows:
(1) I am afraid we have invited too many people. Oops.
(2) We are DJ’ing our own wedding. Not exactly sure how that will work . . .
(3) I am stressing about being the center of attention. I will also probably cry a lot that day, and I am not an attractive crier.
(4) HOW MANY KEGS DO WE NEED? Ugh.
(5) I am pretty sure I have forgotten something.
(6) Making sure our guests have fun.
Things I am not worrying about:
(1) Actually being married.
(2) The weather.
(3) Unity candle, cutting of the cake, garter toss. Things I hate, so we are not doing.
Maybe when this is all over, I will have some profound advice for other “unbride” brides who don’t exactly adore this process. For now, I think it would be to outsource the process if you can afford it! (I should not complain as my own mother has done a ton!) Otherwise, just try to keep perspective!