I think we have turned a corner and there are at least 10 signs that spring is just around the corner here!
- The temperature has gotten above freezing consistently this week.
- I see more mud than snow. (This is the messy part of spring. It will be clean and green someday soon!)
- Fish fry signs on the commute remind me that lent is here!
- Our cow/calf friends are busy watching their herds for the newest additions.
- MARCH MADNESS.
- Our accountant finished our tax return. (Sad that this CPA is not qualified to even do her own return.)
- Spring forward! The days are getting longer.
- J and I are helping with the pig weigh-in for the county fair tomorrow. (I get to see piglets!)
- Plans for the garden are in process.
- The flies are returning to my home. I think 20 of them spawned at once.
This is my first spring as a farmer’s wife, and it is exciting to see the whole growing process from seed to bin. I know this is a very busy time and I probably won’t see J as much as I would like, but so goes the farm wife’s life. I’ll let you know how it goes!