Happy 4th of July!
Here at the farm the day is beautiful and the corn is WAY over knee-high by the 4th of July as the old saying goes.
It won’t be long an this field will have tassels and ear shoots and the corn will really be growing!
This is my first 4th of July on the farm . . . and surprise city friends . . . the celebrations aren’t too much different. I have even discovered a few things that I consider to be the advantages of celebrating the 4th in rural America:
- Those hamburgers we’re grilling . . . I know the guys that cared for them to make sure they tasted nice a juicy.
- Playing wiffle ball in a hay field. Don’t pretend you’re not a little jealous.
- No chlorine in your eyes from swimming . . . because you’re taking a dip in a pond.
- From the right spot, you can see the fire works displays of multiple towns in all directions. The beauty of wide open spaces.
- After the fireworks are done, you can look up and simply enjoy the stars (which I think are more beautiful anyway).
Whether you’re in the city or in the sticks like me, I hope you all have had a wonderful day with friends and family!! Have a safe and happy 4th of July!